2012 Historic Autographs The Champions East Coast/Midwest Edition Baseball Hobby 12-Box Case
- 12 Boxes per Case.
- 1 Pack per Box.
- 1 Card per Pack.
- 1 Cut Signature Card.
On the heels of our run-away hit - Historic Autographs New York Champions series - HA is proud to announce the release of the Historic Autographs East Coast/Midwest Champions edition.
With the 2012 baseball season in full swing, Historic Autographs will release our follow-up Championship Series. This Championship Series will contains (18) different heralded teams that won either the World Series or their league championship. Each team will include the top (13) top position players (using At Bats), the top (6) pitchers (using Innings Pitched) and the manager at the end of the season. The exception will be the 1918 Boston Red Sox which will include the top (10) hitters by At Bats, the top (4) pitchers by Innings Pitched and manager Ed Barrow. The reason for this is the rarity of some of the 1918 players made it impossible to put out an affordable product and although limiting the hitters and pitchers, Historic Autographs was still able to include Babe Ruth twice (as both a pitcher and hitter).
- For the first time, Historic Autographs is instituting a buyback program, wherein special buyback cards will be inserted with select autographs detailing how to sell the card back to Historic Autographs (if the customer so desires) - thus setting a baseline for "values" on the open market (most buyback cards will include rarities and notable Hall of Famers so that the person opening the box can benefit from pulling players such as Pat Malone, Everett Scott, Marv Gudat, Jack Quinn, Sam Agnew and Sam Zoldak as well as Babe Ruth, Jimmie Foxx, Roger Maris and others).
- Look for the top 20 players from these Championship teams (with the noted exception of the 1918 Boston Red Sox which has the starting 8 and utility man by ABs, the top 4 pitchers by IP and manager Ed Barrow; Babe Ruth is included twice in this set as both a pitcher and hitter).
- Each championship team set is registered on the PSA/DNA Set Registry so teams can be collected and cataloged individually.
- All cards are numbered to 25 or less each two having at least (2) complete sets available.
- There are no 1-of-1 cards so all players will be found multiple times within the specific series, so players on multiple championship teams are included multiple times within each series such as Mickey Cochrane, Carl Yastrzemski and Steve Carlton.
- All cards will be authenticated, numerically graded and encapsulated by PSA/DNA surrounded by a unique Historic Autographs artwork design.
Included will be:
- 1918 Boston (key players include Babe Ruth, Everett Scott & Dave Shean).
- 1946 Boston (key players include Ted Williams, Rudy York & Joe Cronin).
- 1948 Boston (key players include Warren Spahn, Bill Salkeld & Billy Southworth).
- 1967 Boston (key players include Carl Yastrzemski, Tony Conigliaro & Elston Howard).
- 1975 Boston (key players include Carl Yastrzemski, Carlton Fisk & Jim Rice).
- 2004 Boston (key players include Pedro Martinez, Manny Ramirez & David Ortiz).
- 1929 Philadelphia (key players include Jimmie Foxx, Mickey Cochrane & Al Simmons).
- 1950 Philadelphia (key players include Richie Ashburn, Ed Waitkus & Willie Jones).
- 1980 Philadelphia (key players include Mike Schmidt, Pete Rose & Tug McGraw).
- 2008 Philadelphia (key players include Ryan Howard, Chase Utley & Cole Hamels).
Midwest Region champions
- 1932 Chicago (key players include Kiki Cuyler, Pat Malone & Gabby Hartnett).
- 1935 Detroit (key players include Hank Greenberg, Mickey Cochrane & Goose Goslin).
- 1942 St Louis (key players include Stan Musial, Mort Cooper & Billy Southworth).
- 1948 Cleveland (key players include Joe Gordon, Walter Judnich & Sam Zoldak).
- 1959 Chicago (key players include Nellie Fox, Norm Cash & Luis Aparicio).
- 1967 St Louis (key players include Roger Maris, Curt Flood & Lou Brock).
- 1971 Pittsburgh (key players include Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell & Bob Moose).
- 1975 Cincinnati (key players include Johnny Bench, Pete Rose & Sparky Anderson).
All of the teams will include twenty different players (except the 1918 Boston team that has 14) and will have its own individual PSA Set Registry. All cards with be encapsulated and authenticated by PSA/DNA and will be numerically graded. The PSA/DNA Set Registry will light up with this unique offering (and it is free to register your sets). There are already several sets being built for our NY Champions edition and it has only been out a month.
This fantastic release incorporates both Championship teams and tons of Hall of Fame signatures. Essentially, there are 18 subsets in this edition, each having its own PSA/DNA Set Registry for those who are fans of only one of these great teams, which should help both in-store sales and aftermarket resale (just reference internet markets like eBay to witness how HA products add value to ordinary autographed index cards).
Historic Autographs has chosen different images for each city (with Boston & Philadelphia having several different images) as the holders for these cards with each team displaying the same city view for uniformity. There are two separate box designs - one for the East Coast and one for the Midwest edition. Historic Autographs has tried to find the highest grade example for all players with most cards grading in the 8-10 range. Our goal at Historic Autographs is to produce an affordable cut signature product that is enjoyable to the consumer as much as it is profitable to the distributors. HA will stay dedicated to making our cut signature/index card products loaded with Hall of Famers but also affordable at every level from the distributor to the customer.
Historic Autographs strides to make the best product possible with every release and to solidify The Champions as a top rated product, Historic Autographs will institute a buyback program for some players. The players included in this program will be those rarities that may not be known to most novice autograph collectors. Players like Jack Quinn, Everett Scott, Sam Agnew, Pete Fox, Waler Judnich, Dave Shean, Sam Zoldak, Eddie Waitkus, Stuffy McInnis, Sam Jones, and Bill Salkeld are some of the rare signatures that will have buyback cards from Historic Autographs issued in the pack with instructions on how to use the buyback program. HA's intention is to help set a baseline "value" from their fantastic pull. There will also be buyback cards issued for the top Hall of Famers and stars such as Babe Ruth, Jimmie Foxx, Mickey Cochrane, Roger Maris, Nellie Fox, Joe Gordon, Billy Southworth, Kiki Cuyler and Connie Mack among others. Cards purchased by Historic Autographs, as part of this new buyback program, will be listed on HA's website (with the original owner's name and where the card was purchased) to be sold to collectors who are building one of the Historic Autograph sets.